Jump to navigation Jump to search
Patrick Christie, Ph.D.
School of Marine Affairs and Jackson School of International Studies
University of Washington
3707 Brooklyn Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105-6715
- Christie, P. In press. Is integrated coastal management sustainable? Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Christie, P. In press. Observed and perceived environmental impacts of integrated coastal management in two Southeast Asia sites. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Christie, P., K. Lowry, AT White, E.G Oracion, L. Sievanen, R.S. Pomeroy, R.B. Pollnac, J. Patlis, L. Eisma. In press. Key findings from a multidisciplinary examination of integrated coastal management process sustainability. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Christie, P., D. Makapedua and Ir. L.T.X. Lalamentik. 2003. Bio-physical impacts and links to Integrated Coastal Management sustainability in Bunaken National Park, Indonesia. Indonesian Journal of Coastal and Marine Resources special edition 1:1-22.
- Christie, P., A.T. White, B. Stockwell and C.R Jadloc. 2003. Links between environmental condition and integrated coastal management sustainability. Silliman Journal 44(1):285-323.
- Christie, P., B.J. McCay, M.L. Miller, C. Lowe, A.T. White, R. Stoffle, D.L. Fluharty, L. Talaue-McManus, R. Chuenpagdee, C. Pomeroy, D.O. Suman, B.G. Blount, D. Huppert, R.L. Villahermosa Eisma, E. Oracion, K. Lowry, R.B. Pollnac. 2003. Toward developing a complete understanding: A social science research agenda for marine protected areas. Fisheries 28(12):22-26.
- Christie, P., A.T. White and E. Deguit. 2002. Starting point or solution? Community-based marine protected areas in the Philippines. Journal of Environmental Management 66:441-454.
- Christie, P. and A.T. White (guest eds.). 2000. Tropical Coastal Management. Coastal Management 28(1). Theme issue.
- Christie, P. and A.T. White. 1997. Trends in development of coastal area management in tropical countries: from central to community orientation. Invited paper for the 25th anniversary edition of Coastal Management. 25:155-181.
- Christie, P. and A.T. White. 1994. Reef fish yield and reef condition for San Salvador Island, Luzon, Philippines. Asian Fisheries Science 7:135-148.
- Christie, P. and R. Rigby. 1996. Historia natural de Laguna de Perlas. Wani. No. 20. Managua, Nicaragua.
- Christie, P., A.T. White and D. Buhat. 1994. Community-based resource management on San Salvador Island, the Philippines. Society and Natural Resources 7:103-117.
- Eisma, R.V., P. Christie, M. Hershman. In press. Legal issues affecting sustainability of integrated coastal management in the Philippines. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Eisma, R.V., M. Hershman, and P. Christie. 2003. Legal issues affecting sustainability of integrated coastal management. Silliman Journal 44(1):138-201.
- Jules, E.S., T.V. Dietsch, A.B. Bernier, V. Nickerson, P. Christie, B.C. Blair, C. Baraloto, G.D.Paoli, B.G. Ferguson. 2002. Toward a more effective conservation biology: Including social equity in the formulation of scientific questions and management options. Theomai Journal 6. (http://www.unq.edu.ar/revista-theomai/)
- Kay, R. and P. Christie. 2001. The impact of the Internet on coastal management: an initial analysis. Coastal Management 29:157-181.
- Milne, N. and P. Christie. In review. Financing integrated coastal management: experiences in Mabini and Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Milne, N. and P. Christie. In press. Financing integrated coastal management: experiences in Mabini and Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Milne, N., R. Wright, and P. Christie. 2004. A review of integrated coastal management educational materials: Matching materials with needs. Coastal Management 32:61-75.
- Olsen, S.B. and P. Christie. 2000. What are we learning from tropical coastal management experiences? Coastal Management 28:5-18.
- Oracion, E. M. Miller, P. Christie. In review. Marine protected areas for whom? Fisheries, tourism, and solidarity in Batangas (Luzon), Philippines. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- Thiele, M.T. R.P. Pollnac, P. Christie. In review. Factors Influencing inter-site differences in ICM sustainability in the Central Visayas Region of the Philippines; Coastal Tourism and Adaptive Management. Ocean and Coastal Management.
- White, AT, P. Christie, H. D’Agnes. In press. Designing ICM projects for sustainability: Lessons from the Philippines and Indonesia. Ocean and Coastal Management.
Peer-Reviewed Books and Book Chapters
- Christie, P. 2004. MPAs as biological successes and social failures in Southeast Asia. In Aquatic Protected Areas as Fisheries Management Tools: Design, Use, and Evaluation of These Fully Protected Areas. J. B. Shipley (editor), pp 155-164. Bethesda, Maryland: American Fisheries Society.
- Christie, P., D. Buhat, L.R. Garces, and A.T. White. 2003. The challenges and rewards of community-based coastal resources management: San Salvador Island, Philippines. In Contested Nature—Promoting International Biodiversity Conservation with Social Justice in the Twenty-first Century. Brechin, SR, PR Wilshusen, CL Fortwangler, and PC West (Eds.), pp. 231-249. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- Christie, P., D. Bradford, R. Garth, B. Gonzalez, M. Hostetler, O. Morales, R. Rigby, B. Simmons, E. Tinkam, G. Vega, R. Vernooy and N. White. 2000. "Taking Care of What We Have”: Participatory Natural Resource Management on the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua. University of Central America (Managua) and the International Development Research Centre (Ottawa).